A downloadable game for Windows
Developed at Puerto Rico Game Jam 2016, Metal Raiders was a 48 hour project created by Daniel Aristides Sierra & Raymond Maldonado under the Red Zodiac banner. Metal Raiders is a fast paced 16 bit style run & gun inspired by classic PC engine/Trubografx 16 and Sega Genesis games. You play as an rouge engineer named Catherine Reese armed with a gravity defying all terrain vehicle known as the OutRider. No surface is beyond your reach as you can ride and jump across walls and ceilings at high seed. Fight your way through hordes of mechanical enemies dishing out some heavy abuse with an assortment of deadly weapons.
The Jam release currently features a single large level, 2 types of enemies and 3 types of weapons, all wrapped up in a sandbox mode. We plan to continue to expand beyond that with a full demo release.
Future updates Include:
1) Tweaked weapons and more sub-weapons
2) Leveling system comparable to shooter powerups
3) Large variety of enemies, many of which were programmed during the jam but had no assets to incorporate.
4) Larger variety of artwork and touch-ups on current art
5) Level objectives and boss stage
6) Larger variety of sounds and music and tweaks to the current assortment
7) More controller options beyond classic controller configuration
...and anything else we come up with :P
Game instructions are included in-game, Mac and Linux versions coming soon!
|Published||66 days ago|
|Tags||16-bit, Anime, chiptune, Fast-Paced, mecha, Pixel Art, Retro, secrets, Shoot 'Em Up, Side Scroller|
|License||All rights reserved|
|Asset license||All rights reserved|
|Average duration||About a half-hour|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.